Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Family, Friends, Fun, & Festivities

I want to start out with a warning: This is a LONG post! I had too many good pictures to choose from this time.

We had a nice visit from my parents and sister a week ago. It was fun to spend some time with all of them and my mom, sister, and I were able to go away for a weekend, to celebrate my mom's birthday...It was my first kid-free weekend since we moved to Tennessee.

Daddy and his two "little girls" snuggling on the couch...


Cassie and I went and had lunch with Wesley at school one day.
Wesley got to wear a hat that day, because he had perfect attendance for the first 9 weeks of school. It is hard to believe that the first 9 weeks is over already, but Wesley is really thriving in kindergarten!

Auntie is teaching Wesley how to do a pirouette...

Wesley demonstrating his newly acquired skill...

Evelyn looking cute after a bath...
Evelyn reading a book...

Bella reading Evelyn a book...

Auntie reading Evelyn a book...

Evelyn listening to Wesley read her a story...

Wesley reading to Evelyn...He has become quite a reader already. He is asking to read to us all of the time and in a special reading program at school.

Wesley's other favorite hobby, as of late...Playing chess. Here he is playing Grandpa while Bella and Auntie watch on...
I had a Halloween playgroup at our house for some of Evelyn's toddler friends...Can you see my little princess hiding behind my leg?

Here are Evelyn and her buddy Jake, eating a snack...

...And, totally mesmerized by Elmo...
Evelyn's off to run errands...Oops...She left baby behind...

Tuckered out from the errands...Let's see, do I have any money left?

My 3 favorite people snuggling on the couch...

Wesley ran in a kids race about a week ago...Here he is coming through the chute at the end...

He looks really excited about getting that medal! :)

All of the kindergartners had to "disguise" a pumpkin to hang up at school. Wesley wanted to do a silly bat pumpkin, so Auntie drew one out for him on a scratch piece of paper. He did the rest of it himself...

Last Friday was Pirate/Princess Day at Tara Oaks...Ahoy Matey!

We went to the Memphis Zoo Boo on Saturday night and had so much fun! Wesley let a tarantula crawl on his hand...

Optimus Prime and a Storm Trooper...Or, Wesley and his friend Connor...

Optimus Prime usually rides a cow, doesn't he?

Our little bumblebee walking behind the wagon...

Very chilly at the end of the night...

All wiped out...

...Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment